Internet radio company Pandora reported higher-than-expected revenue in the latest quarter, with losses in line with analysts' forecasts, as the number of subscribers who pay for ad-free listening rose above 2.5 million.The net loss in the three months ending April 30 grew to $28.6 million, or 16 cents per share, from a loss of $20.2 million, or 12 cents per share, a year ago.Excluding ...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. regulators are in the early stages of an antitrust probe into whether Google Inc, which dominates web display advertising, has broken antitrust law in how it handles some ad sales, a source told Reuters on ...
Open source developers launched 15,000 Android mobile projects in 2012, representing a 96 percent increase over 2011. By contrast, iOS developers launched nearly 2,500 open source projects for Apple's mobile platform, a 32 percent increase year over year, which isn't half bad when you consider that ...
Based on its face-rec API released last year, Lambda Labs' Google Glass Face Recognition API could help you recognize people who are less famous than Tiger ...
Twitter lets users add a second layer of password protection, Jennifer Lopez has a new mobile brand, and Nextdoor brings text alerts to the ...
27°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the Variable at 4 MPH
That Thing You Do!
"That Thing You Do!" is a movie that remembers with sharp clarity a time in America when cars had fins, pea green and orange were stylish colors, a mop top was the haircut to have, clock radios were the size of small TVs, sunglasses were a new innovation, and kisses still meant something. In his first stint in the director's chair, actor Tom Hanks has made a snappy little ode to a time when Americ ... ...
Mandiant report earlier in the year linking China's People's Liberation Army to ongoing and massive cyberattacks against U.S. corporations, government agencies, universities, and other organizations, policy makers and industry experts have been trying to figure out how to better secure their intellectual property against cyberattacks. Call it a work in progress. "The frustration ...
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- Facebook highlighted its developer platform on Thursday, throwing out some big numbers around how third-party apps benefit from connecting to users through the social network. The social network opened up its platform to independent developers six years ago Friday, Director of Product Manager Doug Purdy told journalists today at a press conference at Facebook's ...
CNBC's Sharon Epperson discusses the day's activity in the commodities markets. The hurricane forecast is for 7 to 11 hurricanes this season, which could be bullish for the energy markets. Nat gas was up on the day because storage levels rose less than ...
Two farmers bought a truckload of watermelons, paying five dollars apiece for them. Then they drove to the market and sold all their watermelons for four dollars each. After counting their money at the end of the day, they realized that they'd ended up with less money than they'd started with. "See!" said the one farmer to the other. "I told you we shoulda got a bigger ...
"For lack of a better verb, the media came and @&$#%! [expletive deleted] it up," Kutcher said at the CTIA wireless industry trade show in Las Vegas on Thursday. "When I first got on, it felt like the democratization of media. Now it just feels like ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This was the second time I had reviewed this hotel. I understand it recently underwent a $15 million refurbishment, and ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Hong Kong HeraldHong Kong Herald | Headlines Making the News in Hong Kong
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Hong Kong news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Hong Kong Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Hong Kong.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Hong Kong weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Hong Kong Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Annie Au of Hong Kong won the 17th Women's Individual Asian Squash Championship by defeating Malaysian star Low Wee Wern here.
Top seed and World No.6 Wern was shocked by Annie, who is ranked No.10. It was Annie's first trip to Pakistan and she was very happy and excited by winning the title, reports Xinhua.
"I really enjoyed while staying here as the people are very hospitable and I am taking back many good memories. Before coming to Pakistan my family was very worried but now the event is over and nothing happened; all is safe," the 24-year-old said Sunday.
In the crowded Mashaf Squash Complex, Annie lost her first set at the hands of an aggressive Wern by a big margin of 5-11.
Annie's attacking and tricky shots were appreciated all-around the hall as she outclassed the Malaysian in consecutive three sets by 11-8, 11-7, 11-1 in 44 minutes to clinch the title.
Talking about the final match and difficulties she faced to reach the title, Annie said, "I concentrated a lot at the game today because we both knew the game plan and style of each other as we have faced each other many times before. It was really a tough match but after the first set I didn't give her any chance to attack me."
- Former Goldman banker settles SEC pay-to-play charges
- Commodities markets summary
- France says dropping idea of cap on executive pay
- Govt supports car industry says Bradbury
- Sushis Abenomics wave posh tuna in plain mackerel out
- Do women get two types of orgasms
- Sonia Gandhi Nooyi among Indians in Forbes worlds top 100 Most Powerful Women List
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- Oz girls team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- Womens Day at the UEFA Champions Festival
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- China central bank switches to liquidity injection
- UPDATE 2-Venezuela 2012 oil and fuel exports rise crude output slips
- World markets roiled by Nikkeis 7.3-percent dip
- Japan’s Nikkei Index Falls 7.3 for Several Reasons Europe and U.S. Indexes Dip after Japanese Nosedive JPMorgan Voters Keep CEO Dimon
- The Hangover franchise over say actors
- Russell Brand kissed Sheridan Smith
- Eva Longoria gets her Masters degree
- Amanda Seyfried was happy with big bosom
- Jennifer Aniston to play stripteaser in Were The Millers
- Psy Imposter Crashes Cannes VIP Parties
- Rebecca St. James Looking for Wide Release of Her Film A Strange Brand of Happy
- Mike Wyatt Determination humor help overcome diagnosis
- Sergio Garcia Tiger Woods fried chicken racism row takes fresh twist after coloured athletes comment
- Hamburgers for life reward to man who helped Ohio kidnap victims
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Modi inaugurates Yoga University in Ahmedabad
- Affluent Indians develop taste for organic food says survey
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Winners all around in Encinitas yoga trial
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Hong Kong Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Tiger Airways launches Hong Kong-Jakarta service
- Dispatch Hong Kong Age Group Athlete Bill Ng
- Real Gold Mining Says Unit Made ‘Irregular’ Loan Pledges
- HK talent needs a home CE
- Kate Moss Hits Hong Kong For an Artsy Party