Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed that the wakeup call to eat healthier came after her late father, director Bruce Paltrow, was diagnosed with cancer 15 years ago. The 'Iron Man 3' star, who covers the debut issue of Beach magazine, talked to the publication about how seeing her own father's health dwindle made her open her eyes, Us magazine reported. "I started to research anti-cancer diets in ...
Sunlight beams through the lounge window at the Katoas' house creating warmth and comfort. The house is matchbox-size, immaculate and homely. Family photos from their life in Tonga and New Zealand clutter the cabinets, and at least 10 sports trophies glisten proudly from a cabinet. Like many Pacific Island families, the Katoa household is large: mum, dad and nine children, including twins and a ...
(CBS News) In the long-running battle over school lunches, the United States is losing. American kids often reject healthy alternatives in favor of pizza and junk food, but it's different in other countries. In Japan, healthful lunches aren't just a goal for Japanese kids. In fact, they're required. Child obesity is almost unheard of in Japan, and part of that can be attributed to ...
Double hand amputee Amy Copeland is now the first woman in the world to get state of the art by -- islands. You might remember Copeland was infected with the deadly bacteria after she cut her leg in ...
29°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SW at 20 MPH
Can't Hardly Wait [Blu-Ray]
Manama, May 18th (BNA) -Minister of Health, Sadiq Abdul Karim Al Shehabi left the Kingdom to Genve to participate in the (66) meeting of World Health Assembly of World Health Organization (WHO), which will be held during the period from May 20 to 28, 2013. The Assembly's works will be opened on Monday May 20th, 2013 with appointing the Credentials Committee, electing the sixty-sixth ...
At 16 years old, Jack Andraka is already a superstar in the field of science. Earlier this year, he won Intel's prestigious Gordon E. Moore Award, when he created a groundbreaking testing method that can detect pancreatic cancer in its earliest stages. His work is expected to save thousands of ...
Morgan Arnold poses next to a Scooby-Doo display during a 2012 trip to California with her mother, Cindi Arnold. Morgan, 14, now stands accused of orchestrating a plot with her boyfriend, Jason Bulmer, to kill her father, Dennis Lane, in Ellicott ...
World Family Doctors Day is a chance to celebrate what family doctors do in supporting health care for all people in their local communities, their countries and around the ...
Starbucks every day. No manicures, no pedicures. Those kinds of things really add up," Martin said. Webster's response was to work more like someone who was earning only a minimal wage. Even though he was making $80,000 annually working as a full-time math professor at Marymount College - with Martin adding her $70,000-a-year salary as an articulation officer, who provides educational ...
On the record
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Resort & Towers
I have spent time at the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi previously, in the restaurants and the tavern pub, but hadn't ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Hong Kong HeraldHong Kong Herald | Headlines Making the News in Hong Kong
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Hong Kong news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Hong Kong Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Hong Kong.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Hong Kong weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Hong Kong Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Annie Au of Hong Kong won the 17th Women's Individual Asian Squash Championship by defeating Malaysian star Low Wee Wern here.
Top seed and World No.6 Wern was shocked by Annie, who is ranked No.10. It was Annie's first trip to Pakistan and she was very happy and excited by winning the title, reports Xinhua.
"I really enjoyed while staying here as the people are very hospitable and I am taking back many good memories. Before coming to Pakistan my family was very worried but now the event is over and nothing happened; all is safe," the 24-year-old said Sunday.
In the crowded Mashaf Squash Complex, Annie lost her first set at the hands of an aggressive Wern by a big margin of 5-11.
Annie's attacking and tricky shots were appreciated all-around the hall as she outclassed the Malaysian in consecutive three sets by 11-8, 11-7, 11-1 in 44 minutes to clinch the title.
Talking about the final match and difficulties she faced to reach the title, Annie said, "I concentrated a lot at the game today because we both knew the game plan and style of each other as we have faced each other many times before. It was really a tough match but after the first set I didn't give her any chance to attack me."
- Dow S and P set record highs log 4-week winning streak
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 percent of income - paper
- French probe finds LVMH built up Hermes stake in secret-paper
- Bernanke in commencement address upbeat on innovation outlook
- The world of wearable computers
- Handbags may have more germs than average toilet flush
- Womens fertility could be linked with their immune status
- CA to improve pay conditions for Oz women cricketers to boost professionalism
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital Washroom
- Female politicians help block womens rights legislation in Afghanistan
- Injured Welegedara doubtful for Champions Trophy
- Misbah bowlers set up 96-run win
- Misbah takes Pakistan to 231
- England-New Zealand Test series Fit-again Graeme Swann Tim Bresnan return to England Test squad
- IPL 2013 Bhuvneshwar Kumar lone Warrior in a defeated army
- New Report on Chinese Markets for High-Density Polyethylene
- Australian dollar drops below parity with US dollar mainly due to US positive gains
- Asian Markets Weekly Update Broad Gains in Asia While Nikkei Breaches 15000 Mark
- China stock index futures end sharply higher
- Sanyo may cease to exist under Panasonic reorganization Nikkei
- After 12 Zoe Saldana prefers male company
- Preity Zinta makes her debut as producer in Ishkq in Paris in Mumbai
- Paltrow changed diet post dads cancer diagnosis
- Radcliffe puts behind Harry Potter image
- Saldana compliments Spears
- New Marquette PhD expert in educational humor to meet funnyman Dr. Bill Cosby
- U.S. Powerball jackpot could go higher than $600 million
- High Bond Prices Show Theres No Government Debt Problem Only If The EMH Is True
- Honeybees May Help Search For Landmines
- Paid to sniff an armpit You bet
- Statins May Reduce Exercise Benefits For Obese Adults
- Organic food companies gain Washington clout
- Mequon Outpost Natural Foods set to open by summer 2014
- Study Says Cell Phones Lower Blood Pressure Yoga Brings It Down
- Actor Justin Bartha and fitness trainer Lia Smith get engaged
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Hong Kong Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- CS urges food waste reduction
- $60m in smuggled goods seized
- Gregory So attends Zhengzhou expo
- Trading service authorisation withdrawn
- Bright red electric taxicabs hit the streets of Hong Kong