Author E L James has revealed on Twitter the name of the director, who will direct the movie adaptation of her best selling novel 'Fifty Shades of Grey.' The 50-year-old writer wrote on Wednesday that she was delighted and thrilled to tell that Sam Taylor-Johnson of 'Nowhere Boy' fame has agreed to direct the film of 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' People magazine reported As far for the rest of ...
Sexy Tamara Ecclestone showed off her curvaceous butt in custom-made knickers, that had her new name printed on them, in a Twitter snap. The F1 heiress, who tied the knot with Jay Rutland last week, wore bikini bottoms bearing the words 'Mrs Rutland' in diamante inscription, the Daily Star reported. Ecclestone, 28, wrote "so happy to be" alongside the picture. ...
A new Twitter account that re-imagines Taylor Swift as a feminist has amassed 80,000 followers in six days The account, FeministTaylorSwift (@feministtswift), is the brainchild of self-proclaimed feminist and Taylor Swift fan Clara Beyer, who is the senior linguistics major at Brown University, ABC News reported. She studied the pop star's lyrics with a feminist slant while addressing issues ...
With the growing mobility of internet, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed potential partnership with Samsung company's president Shin Jong Kyun during Mark Zuckerberg's Asia tour. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile-advertising sales. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been ...
Helen Flanagan was held hostage by armed raiders at her 2.8million dollars home after divulging on Twitter that she was home alone as her boyfriend was away on holiday. The former 'Coronation Street' star was traumatised by the late-night ordeal hours after she tweeted that she was missing her beau, Scott Sinclair, the Sun reported. She reportedly told a friend that she could have been ...
33°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the WNW at 5 MPH
The English Patient
"The English Patient" is a is a huge, brooding expanse of a film that intricately tangles love and tragedy and passion and anger and violence and war into one giant collage that sometimes threatens to engulf the viewer with all its complexities. Yet, the true irony is that, after leaving the theater, I felt like there wasn't as much to the film as I had felt there was while watching it. The story ... ...
appadvice.com . The publication said FAU researchers used an AMD Radeon HD 6990 to determine that Apple pulls from a list of a mere 1842 words to generate these passwords. The time dropped to 50 seconds when researchers used a faster CPU. According ...
Legislation to legalise online gambling could take at least another two years to be wrapped up. Two years after the Gambling Review Commission recommended online gambling be legalised as a matter of urgency, committee members still have to accept the report and it will be at least two years before legislation is enacted. The National Council of Provinces (NCOP) committee on Trade and ...
John McAfee, anti-virus software guru, outside the Supreme Court of Justice in Guatemala City, in December. Eccentric software pioneer John McAfee is back in the spotlight ? lashing out at the anti-virus software that bears his name in a profanity-laced video. McAfee, an American who helped create the anti-virus software industry, generated a media frenzy at the end of last year when he fled ...
Last 3 years consumers have massive embraced social media. In 2012 consumers were spending 3 hours and 7 minutes online for social media, on a daily basis. How does your strategic media planning ...
Facebook confirmed on Tuesday that it has reached the one million active advertisers mark. The company confirmed that approximately one million marketers used the social network for advertising over the course of the last 28 days. It was found that the majority of advertisers on the site ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Hong Kong HeraldHong Kong Herald | Headlines Making the News in Hong Kong
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Hong Kong news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Hong Kong Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Hong Kong.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Hong Kong weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Hong Kong Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
After sending Taufik Hidayat into retirement, India's B. Sai Praneeth caused another big upset by defeating second seed Yun Hu of Hong Kong in the men's singles first round of the Singapore Open Super Series here Wednesday.
The 20-year-old Sai, ranked 61 in the world, thrashed World No.4 Hu 21-9, 21-10 in exactly half an hour at the Singapore Indoor Stadium to level his head-to-head to 1-all.
Women's singles second seed Saina Nehwal also advanced to the second round by beating localite Juan Gu 21-14, 23-21 in 40 minutes. This was the fifth time the Hyderabadi beat Juan out of six meetings. The World No.2 will next face Japanese Eriko Hirose in the second round.
In the mixed doubles, Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan beat Thai pair Songphon Anugritayawon and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul 21-17, 19-21, 21-12 in 45 minutes. Thugh Aparna won in mixed, it was disappointment for her in women's doubles losing, with partner N. Siki Reddy, to Malaysia's Meng Yean Lee and Yin Loo Lim 21-18, 18-21, 6-21 in 49 minutes.
Ace shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa with Pradnya Gadre was also beaten in women's doubles by Indonesia's Nitya Krishinda Maheswari and Greysia Polii 18-21, 23-21, 16-21 in 53 minutes.
Ashwini also her lost mixed doubles match partnership Tarun Kona. ...
- Euro zone business slump eases but second-quarter contraction likely - PMI
- Airbus pieces together air show order finale
- Indias rupee hits new low against dollar stocks down
- $A dealt a triple blow this week
- German PMI surveys point to stagnation in second quarter
- New app lets women rate exes
- Losing weight boosts memory in older women
- Christian women forced to parade naked in Pakistan
- Women in Kolkata demand death penalty for rapists
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Injury-marred Cummins ready to return to competitive cricket
- PCB considering performance based pay for Pak players after disastrous CT campaign
- Disappointed Kirsten says Proteas deserves choker tag after CT crash-out
- Offended Welsh cricketers walk-off from village match after speak English order
- Channel Nine wants greater say in Oz team selection despite CA stance
- China stocks tumble as manufacturing activity falls to nine-month low
- Asian markets get hammered
- Hang Seng Shanghai take a hit
- Nikkei skids as weak China data Fed exit plans chill sentiment
- RPT-WRAPUP 1-Asian markets hammered on China fears Fed exit plan
- MJ pestered Russell Crowe with prank calls
- Rose thanks shrink for inspiring US Open win with Star Wars movie
- When Kunis spurned Brands advances
- The Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dead
- Will Johnny Depp retire after 60
- Females prefer biological fitness than other traits in potential mates
- Media credibility in collapse Less than one-fourth of Americans trust newspapers
- This is America now Eighth grader facing a year in prison for wearing gun rights T-shirt to school
- U.S. doctors are dumping all health insurance and charging patients LESS
- Top childrens vitamin brand chock-full of GMOs aspartame and other deadly ingredients
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Hong Kong Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Shuttler Sai Praneeth upsets second seed in Singapore
- Hong Kong authorities investigate Snowden’s claims on U.S. cyber attacks
- Langham Hospitality Group Offers Meeting Planners Double The Extra Mile For Third Consecutive Year
- Hong Kong national killed in train-car accident in Kota Kinabalu
- Views sought on Kai Tak design contest