Singer Miley Cyrus defends her decision to smoke weed saying it is far less dangerous than alcohol. The 20-year-old, who landed in hot water in 2010 when she was caught on film allegedly smoking pot from a bong, also joked that she smoked too much weed after receiving a Bob Marley cake for her 19th birthday, reports contactmusic.com. When asked if she is a "stoner", she said: "You can't ask ...
Lisa Snowdon, who dated Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney on and off for five years from 2000, has said that they still keep in touch. The 41-year-old English model told new! magazine that it doesn't bother her any more, the Daily Express reported. She said that at the end of the day he is Clooney so people will be interested in knowing about him. Snowdon that though she hasn't seen him ...
Cheryl Cole has been voted as the celebrity having the tattiest tattoos. The Sun had last week asked its readers to vote for the star who had screwed up their looks with body art. More than 12,500 readers voted, and of them 22 percent crowned Cole worst for her numerous designs, including the giant rose on her back. Justin Bieber was placed second with 18 percent of the votes, while rapper ...
Though he thinks about retiring from Hollywood everyday, actor Johnny Depp reveals he has no such immediate plans because his brain "on idle is a bad thing". "I think while I've got the opportunity, the desire and the creative spark to do the things that I can do right now, I should do them. And then, at a certain point, just take it down to the bare minimum and concentrate on, I guess, living ...
Singer Max George says he has moved on from his past relationship and is ready to mingle again. The 24-year-old was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan for almost two years, but they ended their relationship in April 2012. However, George, member of The Wanted band, now wants to enjoy life, reports thesun.co.uk. "I do fancy seeing someone else now. My last relationship, it was with a very ...
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
The Other Guys [Blu-Ray]
The buddy-cop action movie has been parodied, gently and otherwise, so many times at this point that it would be reasonable to think that there is very little left to do with it (and if you had the misfortune of sitting through Kevin Smiths obnoxiously unfunny Cop Out earlier thi ... ...
Hollywood's action film star Jackie Chan has expressed his love for Bollywood music and dance sequences, and added that he is waiting for the right script and film director before venturing into an Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration. Chan, who is of Chinese descent, is leading a delegation at a six-day Chinese film festival in New Delhi. Welcomed by a thundering applause, the multi-faceted action ...
Miley Cyrus and Chris Brown have been voted as the worst celebrity role model for children, according to a new survey. The survey, which was conducted by CouponCodes4u.com, asked 2,407 parents to rate the celebrities that they believed had negative influences on their kids, the Sun reported. The 19-year-old 'Hannah Montana' star earned the wrath of 68 percent in the survey. Lindsay Lohan, who ...
Singer Kesha says she has worked really hard to get perfect toned legs and therefore likes flaunting them. The 26-year-old, who has sung songs like "Tik tok", "Blow" and "Die young", is proud of her figure. "For me, I like showing off my legs because I work really hard on them. So, you will rarely find me wearing pants," Self magazine quoted Kesha as saying. The singer has posed for the cover ...
Singer Robbie Williams says he is jealous of teen sensation Harry Styles' female fan following and link ups. Styles, 19, is said to be a ladies' man and is time and again linked to a new woman. The singer, member of One Direction band, last dated singer Taylor Swift, but called off the relationship in January this year. "I've been following Harry and his messy romances and been slightly ...
Singer Rihanna is reportedly seeking a medical programme in order to cure her heartache, post her break up with Chris Brown. The 24-year-old is nursing her broken heart ever since her on and off relationship with Chris Brown came to an end a few weeks back. However, now she wants to move on from her past and is going to seek a 12-step programme for it, reports thesun.co.uk. "Rihanna is still ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Hong Kong HeraldHong Kong Herald | Headlines Making the News in Hong Kong
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Hong Kong news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Hong Kong Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Hong Kong.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Hong Kong weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Hong Kong Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
After sending Taufik Hidayat into retirement, India's B. Sai Praneeth caused another big upset by defeating second seed Yun Hu of Hong Kong in the men's singles first round of the Singapore Open Super Series here Wednesday.
The 20-year-old Sai, ranked 61 in the world, thrashed World No.4 Hu 21-9, 21-10 in exactly half an hour at the Singapore Indoor Stadium to level his head-to-head to 1-all.
Women's singles second seed Saina Nehwal also advanced to the second round by beating localite Juan Gu 21-14, 23-21 in 40 minutes. This was the fifth time the Hyderabadi beat Juan out of six meetings. The World No.2 will next face Japanese Eriko Hirose in the second round.
In the mixed doubles, Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan beat Thai pair Songphon Anugritayawon and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul 21-17, 19-21, 21-12 in 45 minutes. Thugh Aparna won in mixed, it was disappointment for her in women's doubles losing, with partner N. Siki Reddy, to Malaysia's Meng Yean Lee and Yin Loo Lim 21-18, 18-21, 6-21 in 49 minutes.
Ace shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa with Pradnya Gadre was also beaten in women's doubles by Indonesia's Nitya Krishinda Maheswari and Greysia Polii 18-21, 23-21, 16-21 in 53 minutes.
Ashwini also her lost mixed doubles match partnership Tarun Kona. ...
- Wine producer takes a hit
- Exclusive - Forest keen to bid for Irish drugmaker Elan sources
- Chesapeake Pumps Up Its Margins By Shifting Focus To Liquids
- Fed Doesnt Taper As Downside Risks Recede But Deflation Could Keep QE Around
- Fed Sees Fewer Risks To Recovery Sticks With Bond Buying For Now
- Women in Kolkata demand death penalty for rapists
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Slip into slip dress for night out
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Regular use of talcum powder ups risk of ovarian cancer by 24pc
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Smith to lead Australia A in Africa
- Dhonis men practice ahead of semi-final clash against Sri Lanka
- Australia A squad to add players from defeated Champions Trophy team
- Kieran Powells fifty guides West Ind...
- EU to tighten toy safety rules
- Property tax schemes submitted as pilot programs prepare to expand
- Venezuela seeks more Chinese investment
- Key money rate surges to new high no RRR cut seen
- Shares dip after IPO return news
- Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha promote Lootera on Emotional Atyachaar 4 sets
- Mireille Enos career somersaults after reel kiss with Brad Pitt
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- First look of movie Issaq revealed
- Brad Pitt hints to World War Z franchise
- Calcium and vitamin D intake timing may affect how bone adapts to exercise
- Beliefs about causes of obesity could affect weight and eating behaviour
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- British and Irish Lions 2013 George North passes fitness test to provide huge boost ahead of first clash against Australia
- Vitamins Not such a good thing
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Hong Kong Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Shuttler Sai Praneeth upsets second seed in Singapore
- The PLA has has much bigger concerns in Hong Kong than what to do about Edward Snowden
- Snowden adrift in Hong Kong provides tough dilemmas for all involved
- Hong Kong Hit by tax trial reports
- Mother arrested for attempted murder