Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
Yahoo has agreed to pay $1.1 billion to buy blogging forum Tumblr, ranking it in among the top 10 tech deals announced this year, according to research firm Dealogic. Here's a list of the top 10 tech mergers and acquisitions in 2013. Valuation is based on Dealogic's criteria and includes ...
We wont screw it up Yahoo buys New York-based social network Tumblr for $1.1bn as chief executive Marissa Mayer rules out radical changes following negative reaction
The statement from Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer begins with a promise "not to screw it up", whilst assuring users that David Karp will remain CEO and that Yahoo! will "operate Tumblr independently".The deal went through for $1.1 billion (723 million) in cash, a sum justified by Tumblr's impressive numbers as one of the world's fastest growing social-media networks.The ...
The Connective is a crowd-sourced digital magazine made in just 48 hours, chronicling how our conversations with our things are thoroughly changing our world. Learn more ...
car . Police in Fresno, Calif., say that a 911 operator received a call. No one was on the other end. However, the dispatcher decided to keep listening and ...
26°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the East at 8 MPH
True Grit (2010) [Blu-Ray]
One of the primary pleasures of Joel and Ethan Coens career over the past three decades is not confined to the individual films themselves (although more than half of them stand as some of the best American cinema of their era), but in their relation to each other. Never content to repea ... ...
Square Cash, which is invite-only for now, lets anyone send money simply by sending an email. It's not known if either or both users must have a Square ...
harness energy from the force of the heel hitting the ground . The prototype -- while admittedly big, unattractive, and impractical to wear 100 percent of the time (think sleeping, showering, etc.) -- demonstrates that the simple act of walking may one day power a wide range of electronics, including medical devices such as pacemakers and artificial hearts. "Theoretically, it would be ...
Android provides users with options such as automatic photo enhancements and Auto Awesome. Other features include the instant hashtagging, quick access to Hangouts, and improved notifications. Building off of the tools that came ...
HTC One to be on top of the world, but thanks to British mountaineer Daniel Hughes, the high-end Android phone is the first to make a video call from the highest point on Earth. Hughes, who's trying to raise $1.5 million for Comic Relief -- it's also the highest ever Red Nose -- spoke ...
see Facebook and Instagram ) there are big questions about what will happen to Tumblr as its users know it today. Some have started to jump ship by ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Hong Kong HeraldHong Kong Herald | Headlines Making the News in Hong Kong
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Hong Kong news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Hong Kong Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Hong Kong.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Hong Kong weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Hong Kong Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Annie Au of Hong Kong won the 17th Women's Individual Asian Squash Championship by defeating Malaysian star Low Wee Wern here.
Top seed and World No.6 Wern was shocked by Annie, who is ranked No.10. It was Annie's first trip to Pakistan and she was very happy and excited by winning the title, reports Xinhua.
"I really enjoyed while staying here as the people are very hospitable and I am taking back many good memories. Before coming to Pakistan my family was very worried but now the event is over and nothing happened; all is safe," the 24-year-old said Sunday.
In the crowded Mashaf Squash Complex, Annie lost her first set at the hands of an aggressive Wern by a big margin of 5-11.
Annie's attacking and tricky shots were appreciated all-around the hall as she outclassed the Malaysian in consecutive three sets by 11-8, 11-7, 11-1 in 44 minutes to clinch the title.
Talking about the final match and difficulties she faced to reach the title, Annie said, "I concentrated a lot at the game today because we both knew the game plan and style of each other as we have faced each other many times before. It was really a tough match but after the first set I didn't give her any chance to attack me."
- $A higher as $US loses ground
- International markets roundup
- Acadia added to Nasdaq biotech index
- After Hours Urban Outfitters slips in after-hours trade
- Basquiat Pollock Lichtenstein Are Trophy Art Works Good Investments
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- US team visiting India to boost womens numbers in ICT
- Deepika Padukone launches special issue of Peoples Magazine
- Common foot deformities like bunion could be inherited
- Women in Coaching Cyndi Gallagher
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Majority of Asian stocks eke out gains
- PRECIOUS-Silver and gold lurch higher after an early dive
- Softbank planning 400 billion yen bond sale - Nikkei
- Dividends poised to hit record high
- Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton trapped in swatting incident again
- Actress Deepika Padukone unveils Peoples magazine cover in Mumbai
- Bradley Cooper takes cooking lessons from Ramsay
- Lady Gagas tattoo parlour visit helped her bag Machete Kills role
- RiRi poses like Marilyn Monroe for latest photoshoot
- Kanye West’s “New Slaves” Is Right On Prisons And Consumer Culture But Weird On Women
- Toronto mayor urged to step down if crack allegations true
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- The Peculiar Politics of Karl Roves Outrage Over the IRS Flap
- Peculiar malware trail raises questions about security firm in India
- Angelina Jolie backlash grows as everyday moms blast elitist double mastectomy as affordable only by ultra rich
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimers
- Doctors increasingly declaring bankruptcy as Obamacare kicks in causing widespread care shortages
- Maca root improves libido boosts stamina and lowers cholesterol
- Mango the new diabetes and cancer buster
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Hong Kong Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Hong Kong The InterContinental Hotels Bounty Of Rooms With A Sensational View
- Hong Kong launches plan to tackle waste crisis
- Avian flu Hong Kongs rubber duck deflates
- Hong Kong shares 0.50 per cent higher
- First Major Hong Kong Business Mission in Kazakhstan | HKTDC