Due to technical issues, readers are unable to log into our website. Watchlist and most financial markets data are not functioning properly either.Our IT team is working to fix the problem. We will provide updates as soon as they become ...
Bootstrapping for start-ups When start-up financing is scarce, entrepreneurs should look to bootstrapping. Angel Investor Dale Murray explains what it is and how to attract ...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Investors bought back into Treasurys Friday after a substantial selloff this week, helping the safe-haven debt hold onto gains after a manufacturing report on orders for long-lasting big-ticket items came in better than ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures posted modest losses on Friday, paring their gains for the week after a nearly 2% climb a day prior, as investors grew wary ahead of a long U.S. holiday ...
was halted around noon in New York as reports surfaced indicating the Chilean government had forced the company to "paralyze" its operations in Pascua Lima, one of the largest gold and silver resources in the world into which Barrick has poured nearly $5 billion ...
28°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ESE at 7 MPH
The Last Mistress (Une vieille maîtresse)
Especially after her last film, the outrageously shocking and, some might say, pretentiously grating Anatomy of Hell (2004), Catherine Breillats The Last Mistress (Une vieille matresse) seems positively mainstream. Dressed up in the lavish ornamentation of a 1 ... ...
New residents are flocking to these 10 cities, which added the largest number of residents between July 2011 and July 2012, according to Census ...
Leaning in may work for women in the world of tech. But if you're a woman who wants to balance trading and a family, one hedge fund manager says that's not ...
How can a company expect to survive, let alone thrive, if half of its talent pool is excluded from key positions? Most companies can't even recognize they have a problem with gender ...
By Doron Levin, contributor FORTUNE -- General Motors Co.'s decision to move its treasury staff to Detroit from its historic home in New York is another sign of the automaker's restructuring as well as a subtle shift from a management philosophy that helped GM rule in an earlier time. The move, affecting 70 GM ...
College commencement speech season may be the best time to learn how to communicate powerfully. This season is off to a good start with President Obama at Morehouse College, Arianna Huffington at Smith, Steven Colbert at the University of Virginia and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo at the University of Michigan. From their talks, we can derive a few ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Hong Kong HeraldHong Kong Herald | Headlines Making the News in Hong Kong
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Hong Kong news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Hong Kong Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Hong Kong.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Hong Kong weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Hong Kong Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Annie Au of Hong Kong won the 17th Women's Individual Asian Squash Championship by defeating Malaysian star Low Wee Wern here.
Top seed and World No.6 Wern was shocked by Annie, who is ranked No.10. It was Annie's first trip to Pakistan and she was very happy and excited by winning the title, reports Xinhua.
"I really enjoyed while staying here as the people are very hospitable and I am taking back many good memories. Before coming to Pakistan my family was very worried but now the event is over and nothing happened; all is safe," the 24-year-old said Sunday.
In the crowded Mashaf Squash Complex, Annie lost her first set at the hands of an aggressive Wern by a big margin of 5-11.
Annie's attacking and tricky shots were appreciated all-around the hall as she outclassed the Malaysian in consecutive three sets by 11-8, 11-7, 11-1 in 44 minutes to clinch the title.
Talking about the final match and difficulties she faced to reach the title, Annie said, "I concentrated a lot at the game today because we both knew the game plan and style of each other as we have faced each other many times before. It was really a tough match but after the first set I didn't give her any chance to attack me."
- Watchlist financial markets data log in not working
- Movers Shakers Friday’s movers Abercrombie Sears not in fashion
- Bond Report Treasurys move higher as investors buy cheap
- Metals Stocks Gold futures retreat pare gains for the week
- Barrick Gold Fined $16M For Enviromental Problems At $5B Pascua Lima Project In Chile
- Its sexist to ask women about age says Julianne Moore
- Narcissists woo women more easily
- Rural women imparted advanced training in handloom handicrafts in Manipur
- Doll making gains popularity among women in Tripura
- Greater attention needed for safe childbirths UN urges on inaugural Day to end obstetric fistula
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Asian Stocks End Mixed Nikkei Rises After Turbulent Trading
- Chinas bank card transactions exceed 100 tln yuan
- Philippine bourse extends loss on US stimulus speculation
- PRECIOUS-Gold steadies near $1390oz set for best week in four
- IAF chief reviews induction of new technology in Bangalore commanders conference
- First look of D-Day movie unveiled in Mumbai
- Psys look-alike dupes stars at Cannes
- Isla Fisher had near to death experience on sets of Now You See Me
- Gwyneth Paltrows dad Bruce taught me to be humble says Brad Pitt
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare Superman comic used as insulation in homes wall
- Champions League Footballs new chapter began with a twist 20 years ago
- Pittsburgh on the Hudson Wrong city in New York City campaign logo
- Murder and suicide a month apart are connected in bizarre case
- Jennifer Love Hewitt enjoys being in own skin
- Thumbs up for holistic medicine in the West
- Yoga - positions of peace
- Exercise regimen published in American College of Sports Medicine Health Fitness
- For Fitness Upstart Threes Company
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Hong Kong Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Hong Kong Steepest weekly drop
- CE open on ExCo leave
- Poverty commission sets work direction
- Carol Yip new welfare chief
- 2 charged with murder